The People for Change Foundation is always looking for enthusiastic students as well as other interested persons to carry out internships with us. We accept applications to our internship programme on a rolling basis as well as in response to particular calls (as below).
Internships at The People for Change Foundation are on a full-time basis. They are aimed at those who are based in Malta or who come to Malta specifically for this internship. Many are funded through their Universities or EU funding programmes.
As an intern at the People for Change Foundation you will gain:
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Experience of conducting research on topics relating to human rights
- Regular professional performance evaluation and constructive feedback on your work
- A final report and reference letter detailing your work
We look for the following qualities and qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant subject (social science, law, research methods, international relations, politics, management etc)
- A postgraduate qualification (or current student) in a relevant subject
- Interest in human rights and the third sector, particularly in the fields of migration, asylum, equality, aid and youth.
- Open-mindedness and a positive attitude
- Enthusiasm and motivation
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team, as well as to work independently on own initiative
- Fluency in English - C1 minimum (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- A commitment to a full-time internship of at least 10 weeks, based at our office in San Gwann, Malta.
The internship is as a Research and Projects Intern. The tasks will include:
- Carrying out background research on relevant issues
- Supporting research and drafting of reports
- Supporting the development of project concept notes and proposals
- Working on the organization of events
- Attending external events and prepare internal notes
- Supporting the coordination of the office and the various projects
- Supporting the PfC team in achieving it's strategic objectives
Funding your internship
Unfortunately, the People for Change Foundation is not able to provide funding or reimbursement for interns. Past interns have funded their internships through: University’s European or International Office, national European Union funding office, any local government grants for young people. We are very happy to support you with any paperwork needed to obtain funding.
To apply send an email on email@example.com. Attach your full CV, a cover letter and two writing samples (in English).
for interview tips click here and here, and for the Europass CV template click here.
In your cover letter, please remember to address the following:
- Why you'd like to do an internship at PfC
- Any relevant project coordination or research experience
- The start and end dates (and duration) of your availability for an internship (remember that we do have a minimum duration of 10 Weeks)
Your writing Samples:
A writing sample is an academic or analytical text you have written in the recent past, which reflects your research and writing abilities. A writing sample could be an essay, case summary, literature review, blog post, or any other text that you feel showcases your ability to conduct research and develop thinking on a particular topic.
The selection process:
We review applications for interns on a rolling basis. The process runs as follows:
- We receive your application email with necessary attachments (see above)
- We acknowledge receipt of your application (within 5 working days)
- If you are successful at first screening, we will contact you with an offer for an interview
- We will interview you in person at our office (San Gwann, Malta) or over Skype
- If you are successful we will make you an offer. The offer will depend on the Foundation's needs as well as your own availability.
- If you accept the offer we will send you the internship agreement to sign and the internship welcome pack with information to help you settle in Malta.
- At this point you will be ready to start your internship with us!
For more information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.